Friday, May 24, 2013

food baby


I bought a little travel watercolor set last month. Nothing fancy, just those little hardened cakes of pigment (not what the pros use by any measure), but it's been perfect for me to get back into this challenging and frustrating media. Watercolor, in my opinion, it the least forgiving kind of paint you could ever use. Make a mistake? Huh, too bad, there's no way to cover that business up. 

Yet I still find it intensely satisfying! I love laying down color and going back over it with a good pen once the paint dries. Bill and I have started doing series of food paintings, which ware way fun (Bill's already got some for sale, and all the money he makes from them will go to his wedding! BUY SOME). Mine are all tiny little doodles based on what I'm eating at the time. Soon I'll make some more!

If you're wondering, the orange and white thing in the wrapper is one of Trader Joe's mango cream bars , and the yellow blob next to that is pub cheese to dip your pumpernickel pretzels in!

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I've always wanted to do one of these. a little sketched food journal, but I have a hard enough time remembering to write down what I eat let alone doodle it.

    Anyway, this is awesome!
    xoxo,
    Avo (www.avoslife.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, do it! I honestly have only been chronicling the prettiest food I've consumed, so it's not totally accurate! And I haven't done one in awhile, better get on it.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, well that seems like a more enjoyable way to go about it.
      I think I might do that even if it isn't totally accurate!! :)
      Thanks for the inspiration!! And hope to see you do more!!

      xoxo,
      Avo

      Delete