Friday, May 31, 2013

drink it in




Last night, bag of nail polish in one hand and cocktail fixins in the other, I got together with my girls Alli & Carla. We chatted, ate snacks, made drinks and painted our nails watched Carla paint our nails. Much fun was had by all, and I whipped up a new adult beverage that I might just start drinking all summer long. 

I'm calling it the Pineapple Joy, because that's how you'll feel when you drink it!

You'll need:
  • Pineapple Juice (Trader Joes has it by the carton for CHEAP)
  • Fresh Mint Leaves
  • Prosecco (any sparkling white wine will do, but I prefer the Italian variety.)
Combine a splash of pineapple juice in a cup, add 3-5 torn mint leaves and muddle. Fill the glass half of the way up with pineapple juice, add ice and top with prosecco! This obviously isn't a very precise recipe, so if you want more or less booze feel free! We also tried versions with simple syrup and with raspberries muddled in as well - they were both delicious!


alli finds a big stick / our beverages in action (photo by alli)
finished nails (photo by carla) / nail polish concentration (photo by alli)

4 comments:

  1. perfect post! full of artistry and loveliness.
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The drink, the nails, the ladies...feels like summer xoxo

    ReplyDelete