Sunday, December 11, 2011

cold season (#3)

erin


I don't know about you guys, but it's officially winter in Minnesota. We had a longer fall than usual, and every day without snow was maaayyybeee the best day ever. Fall is seriously my favorite season, but now that there's snow on the ground I'm trying to remind myself how much I love cozy nights and holiday food. Luckily I've also got a couple more of these cold season posts lined up! This time it's the fantabulous Erin from Babes in Thriftland. I just got to peak into her closet last night (at a fantastic ugly sweater party) and it confirmed my suspicions that she is the master of thrifting. I'm betting that by the end of the year Erin will have found both of the items on her cold season list!



"The clothing item I am most looking forward to would be a big scarf. I love snuggling up in chunky knits and I think that they compliment any outfit. I can see myself in a cute dress, jacket, tights and my big scarf. Now if only I could knit really fast..."

(I can't knit at all, so I might check out this scarf from ASOS!)



"For non clothing items, I've been looking for a new to me vintage afghan. I found a light and dark teal one the other day but it wasn't quite right. I'm hoping to find maybe a chevron print one. I love being able to drink a hot cocoa and snuggle under a warm blanket when the temperatures drop"

(Looking for a chevron blanket too? How about the one above from Gore Dean or this vintage one from Sue Stitches?)

Thanks again, Erin!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love love love this!! It totally looks like me and I'm wearing such a cute outfit too. Now if only I actually owned that blanket... Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that vintage afghan you linked to on etsy! Erin, get that one! Also, beautiful and amazing illustration, as per usual, my dearest Emma.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, erin, get that etsy afghan (for me)! such a cute illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin looks so cute and cozy! Nice job, Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute- great job! Makes me want to go get my scarf and blanket and watch a movie :)

    ReplyDelete