Monday, May 13, 2013

unlisted #6


Another set of items occupying my mind grapes - from the edible to the legible! Previous versions: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

this simple cake recipe | Oh, Martha. What would I do without you? This layer cake recipe was in the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living and of course I first laid eyes on it when I was stuck midway between Minneapolis and Washington DC on an airplane with no food in sight. I knew I had to make it as soon as possible, and luckily I got a chance to this weekend for Ben & Bill's birthday bbq! It was intensely easy and intensely good.

the burning house | I love a good very specific theme blog. The Burning House is exactly that: carefully laid out, reader submitted photos of what they would take with them if their house was on fire. Obviously it's mostly fantasy based, but these photos and lists still say a lot about their submitters. I especially like ones like elle townsend - they're almost portrait-like in nature without any actual images of the person's face.

janelle monáe's Q.U.E.E.N. | THIS IS MY JAM. Ms. Monáe is such a dreamy rock star and man oh man this video is filled with babes. I wouldn't mind it if every item of clothing in it could be in my closet.

prettify your power cords | I'm not always into DIYs, but this one from DesignLoveFest is simple enough and the end result is stunning. Plus... I've been looking for a reason to buy some washi tape, since all the cool kids have some already.

hallucinations by oliver sacks | My dad is an amazing genius and got me this book for Christmas, along with A Clash of Kings. It took me months and months to finish the latter but I'm finally done and just got started on Oliver Sacks' latest book last night. So far it's living up to the hype!

this gorgeous basket | Gorgeous colors and fair trade to boot? What is there not to love!

2 comments:

  1. I tried the washi tape cord thing. Most of my tape lifted off and I got so frustrated trying to keep it down, I ended up pulling it all off. Such a shame cuz it's a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man! There must be some way of shellacking that business down - maybe even clear nail polish?

    ReplyDelete