Tuesday, November 15, 2011

unlisted #2


hexagon2


Yep, I liked my little hexagon layout from the last time I wrote up the ubiquitous "list of obsessions", so I'm sticking with it.

This time around:

-tattoos. I keep thinking about them. This one is of Caroline Loosen shot by Stefan Khoo. Though Ms. Loosen seems to not have this tattoo in real life, it is my perfect floral tattoo. I keep coming back to the florals, and then get scared away from them. I'm also still not sure I want color. Luckily I'm waiting till Bill and I finish up the neverending project of boomboom $$ to splurge, and as this project is neverending .... well, I have some time to think about it.

-fun reads. It is almost impossible for me to click onto The Hairpin and maneuver myself away from it in less than thirty minutes. I tell myself I'll only read one article, and then I stumble upon the personal bests archive and it's all over. I may have read several articles just now when I went to get the links for this post. These are some of the funniest females (and sometimes dudes too) that I've ever had the opportunity to read.

-future diys. I'm definitely planning on taking this cute kid's playroom storage idea and spray painting the animals gold and filling the jars with cookies and giving them out as holiday gifts. YOU CAN'T STOP ME, THE CRAFTING WILL HAPPEN.

-wishlist additions. Gosh, is it almost Christmastime ALREADY? Oh no I will have to write a Christmas wishlist and OH NO, I will have to put The New Domestic's newest offering, the Bon Journey Bag on it. Woe is me!

-gift ideas. Speaking of the holidays, it is finally time for a new issue of Gifted Magazine from Creature Comforts! When the first issue of Gifted Came out last year, I was so thrilled to find a gift guide that actually had good recommendations, and this year's issue is no different. I already found something for my notoriously hard to buy for mother (whom I love sososososo much), what will you find? Also it's pretty to look at, which is generally a plus.

-fancy nails. I am terrible at painting my nails, but the tutorials on the beauty department have given me hope. I feel like maybe I can cover up how bad I am at this very important aspect of girldom by simply doing crazy designs over all my imperfections! I already tried my hand at black and gold nails, I'm thinking gold and pink next.

What's on your list?

3 comments:

  1. I actually like your idea for the gold spray paint gift idea better than the kids' storage. I might steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love floral tattoos! So much so that I got one:

    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dYsMh-wmiG3kOkHL-V1qnw?feat=directlink

    I like it a lot :). I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, we must have a talk about your tattoo obsession. I went through this about a year ago. I wanted floral and nothing could stop me. But, alas, I have NO tolerance for pain, and I have an outline of a floral tattoo with no shading or color. Sort of made the color decision easy for me. ;) Couldn't. Sit. In. That. Chair. One. Minute. Longer. I still go back and forth daily about whether I want to get it colored or not. (Pain killers and whisky would def. be involved.) :) One of my hairdressers has a beautiful floral sleeve and it makes me want to cover my body in peonies. I really need to get over it, because me and my partner want to get (sort of) matching tattoos. Anyway, sorry for the novel. Have an amazing day doll.

    ReplyDelete