Thursday, July 7, 2011

earth day

plants!


Hen and chicks "is a common name for a group of small succulents belonging to the flowering plant family Crassulaceae, native to Europe and northern Africa. They grow close to the ground with leaves formed around each other in a rosette, and propagating by offsets."

I'm growing my collection of low maintenance plants. The large succulent (no idea what it is specifically) I got at Trader Joe's, and the little "Crassulaceae" came from a flea market. Finding plants in weird places is apparently a talent I posses. My goal is to have a collection rivaling the one in this great photo, which I originally found on Kate Miss' pinterest and then hunted the original down like a mad woman.

Any good hardy plant recommendations?


plants!

plants!

plants!

2 comments:

  1. well if it makes you feel any better than i am making you hungry and slightly jealous, all i can think about is how when i get home i am going plant shopping - and more specifically, succulent shopping.

    bring it on plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i cannot keep a plant alive in my house at all! The only plant that is still living in my house is my Aloevera plant... i haven't watered it in months (well since last august thats for sure when my cousin was living with me for two months)and its still thriving!! Although i think my cousin waters it when he comes over, cuz i have no idea how its still living!!

    ReplyDelete