Thursday, July 9, 2015

game on (part 2)

my favorite alphabear so far: Easy Bear!

It's been awhile since I did a little roundup of all the games I'm playing, so here's another list! Even though I'm not in school anymore I still get a little thrill when I get some summer leisure time... and that includes reading tons of books and playing tons of video games. This summer seems like it's been particularly good to me, so thanks to the video game gods.

Alphabear (iOS) | Spry Fox is the studio behind my #1 time-waster, Triple Town, and when they announced that their new game was available yesterday I hopped RIGHT on that. The graphics are gorgeous, the bears are cute, and it's a word game (my sometimes weakness). 

Diablo 3 (PS4) | This is not a new game to me or the world in general, but after a long hiatus Bryan and I finally picked up a copy so we could do some more couch co-op. I still think it's a tragedy that there aren't more games that you can play with someone in the same room. Diablo manages to be consistently fun and exciting without being too hard. Also my character has some totally rockin' armor right now.

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4) | Will I ever finish this game? Will my character ever stop looking both awesome and silly because she is so tall? Will Josephine ever not be my gorgeous girlfriend? These questions are timeless. But seriously, I've been playing this game for AGES and I think I still have a lot of work left to do. It's awesome and fun and complicated and you should totes play it.

Lifeline (iOS) | Oh man, this was the PERFECT game to follow up me finishing a book about being stranded on Mars (The Martian by Andy Weird, if you wanna check it out). The game is a sort of choose your own adventure style interactive story about another astronaut stranded on a strange planet. I can't say too much without spoiling it, but if you want a game that doesn't require much time input and actually FORCES you to take breaks, then this is it. Be ready to be creeped out.


p.s. speaking of creepy video games... the very first video game I worked on is available on the iTunes store now! At Night: The Dead was designed and programmed by Gregor Holtz, written by Lisa and features backgrounds by me. Will you survive the night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment