Tuesday, January 28, 2014

band together


Here's a project that's near and dear to my heart. Fair Oaks is an amazing band out of Minneapolis, two of whose members also happen to be buddies of mine! When Molly and Andy came to me to see if I'd do their album art for This Is The River clearly the answer was yes. They were pretty open to the look of the art, but after giving some early cuts of a few songs a listen I felt like the whole thing just came together! That photo in the background is totally a polaroid I found at an antique store by the way - there was nothing else in the shot ... just that tree trunk. 


Seriously though, this album is worth giving a spin and then enthusiastically buying. You could go for my favorite track (THE CLAPS) or you could check out this awesome lyric video for another stellar song that my awesome fella made for them! 


The CD release show was last weekend, so all of this is fresh in my mind. The album is already getting a lot of positive spin, and I couldn't be more happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment