Thursday, July 25, 2013

shaping up


I've been playing around with a lot of shapes in pleasant pastel colors for a personal project, and some of the initial doodles I did were too cute not to slap some eyeballs on and animate in photoshop. Hey kids: you too can go to art school and take one animation class and retain NONE OF IT, and then 5 years later figure out how to animate in photoshop and go do your own thing!

These little buddies work perfectly with my summer playlist, which I made last year but keep adding to whenever I find something that fits my ideal summer dreams: friends in the car, driving to the beach with the windows down and no plans other than eating snacks and reading trashy magazines.


7 comments:

  1. Aaaaahhh!! I love this, these are so cute. And its so true about the learning to animate deal. I always seem to learn stuff like that on my own way after I learned them in school. I'm sure ill do the same with animation someday..maybe. But again, this is awesome!!

    xoxo,
    Avo (www.avoslife.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, we have not been to the beach yet this year! HOW?!? Let's fix this when you're back from Beaver Island!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE!!! I'm laughing because I too learned how to animate a million years ago in art school and couldn't do it now if you paid me. I'm amazed at your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeahhhhh...I love the playlist.

    I want to hug those two little guys. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great playlist! Just listened to it and really got my morning off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete