Sunday, April 5, 2009

amused

Saw Adventureland last night, which turned out to be one of my favorite movies that I've seen in awhile! It had the perfect combination of smart and silly humor. Also peeing on a window.

But something REALLY great about this movie was that they filmed it at Kennywood, a magical amusement park that I would go to every summer as a kid when my dear Grammy still lived in Pittsburgh. It holds so many precious childhood memories for me, so it was fantastic to see it on the screen. What is so great about Kennywood is that it still retains a lot of the charm that amusement parks had ages ago. A lot of amusement parks are so focused on updating graphics and colors and rides that they loose what made them so intriguing and strange when they first opened long ago.

So with that, LETS HAVE A PHOTOMONTAGE. There is a plethora of photos (new and old) from Kennywood on flickr, and they are all great.


cherry bahrati


chrisinphilly5448


dalangalma




last two by maproomsystems


cameosteph

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun park! I was hesitating about that movie, but it does have Ryan Reynolds....

    Re your comment: Oh yes she is so fabulous! I did a post on her back in November when she started her blog! http://stylesymmetry.com/2008/11/29/blog-to-watch-keiko-lynn/

    ReplyDelete